Monday, December 29, 2003

I'm back!

I haven't really been much of anywhere. I have been digging through my The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers - Extended Edition DVD. Man, that is quite a package.

I'm still looking forward to watching my Treasure Of The Sierra Madre DVD, too. It's such a great movie that I would have been thrilled for it to just come out on DVD in a bare-bones package. Including multiple documentaries on the movie, John Huston as well as the Looney Tunes "8-Ball Bunny" short and the radio adaptation with Bogart and Walter Huston, well, that's just too freakin' cool... and that's not even counting the "Warner Night At The Movies, 1948" feature, where you can watch the movie with trailers, a newsreel, a comedy short and a Merrie Melodies cartoon. That's just brilliant! I can't wait! And I hope more classic movies come out with that feature.

Otherwise, well, family was good. I don't see them enough really. It's too bad, they're a good family to have.

I also saw The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King finally. Brilliant, as expected. I can't help feeling that the extended editions haven't ultimately detracted from fully appreciating the theatrical versions now, though. I feel so confident that the extended edition of Return Of The King will blow this version away, that it becomes difficult to appreciate this one for what it is, the way I did with the first two.

Anyway, here's an interesting essay Punch-Drunk Love = Popeye. I like that idea a lot. I'm even inclined to add some support to the idea with elements of his both characters ultimately solve their problems. It almost makes me want to see Punch-Drunk Love again, despite finding it rather a physically painful but rather basically kind of boring waste of celluloid the first time I saw it.

Mark Evanier's Birthday Wishes For Smilin' Stan Lee. Definitely an amusing anecdote included there. I hope Stan's birthday was indeed happy.

And I hope all of yours in the upcoming year are likewise.

Rock like mad!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics