Monday, December 08, 2003

It's Been A Great Year To Be A Movie Geek


There's been -And, y'know a bunch of other stuff, too. Help me out.

That's of cource without counting non-geeky but amazing movies like Lost In Translation and American Splendor, and, heck, even they are arguably geeky themselves.

Of course, the sequels to The Matrix disappointed most, but the first was largely overrated mess of sci-fi trite-isms and trite when they're still new special effects like that freeze-frame pan from those Gap ads.

However, my Spidey-sense tells me that all of that is merely an appetizer for Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King... and I don't even know how soon I'll be able to get to it. Oh, well, I'm still giddy as a schoolgirl waiting for it.

How giddy are schoolgirls? Should I wear my plaid skirt to the movie?

These may be questions for another day.

All I know is, all things considered, this makes it good to be alive, whatever other troubles lay in the path.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics