Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Been way too long

Ok, I haven't posted anything in a few days.

Who gives a fuck about Janet Jackson's boob? Man, 16 year old me would weep to read me writing that.


I saw Monster. Charlize Theron is indeed at least as good as they say. I couldn't help wondering how much people would be talking about the movie if her performance had merely been "quite good". Obviously the two can't be divorced from one another, but I didn't think it was a particular writing or directing achievement.


I also saw Death Rides A Horse. Unfortunately the DVD is one of the worst I've ever seen. This is a wonderful movie that deserves a quality transfer. It also should be called "A Man To A Man", which is apparently the literal translation of the Italian title. It lends wonderful meaning to the story that the U.S. title lacks. "Death Rides A Horse" was clearly just dreamed up by somebody trying to market a western under a generic but slightly badass sounding name. Bleh!

Links I stole from Mark Evanier, for those who aren't heading to newsfromme, despite my constant pleas -

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics