Thursday, July 22, 2004

Sword & Sorcery


I think my revisiting these started with copy of John Milius's Conan The Barbarian and finding that, well, it's a pretty solid little flick.

Against my better judgment I re-watched Deathstalker, uuckily, it's actually a lot of fun to watch with a group and laugh over.


This week I got The Warrior and the Sorceress with David Carradine. This movie was actually a weird take on Dashiell Hammett's Red Harvest (also the inspiration for Kurosawa's Yojimbo, Leone's A Fistful Of Dollars and Walter Hill's Last Man Standing), with Carradine playing both sides against each other for rights to a well on a planet with two suns. Honestly, this one was better in almost every way, but that kind of added up to being more boring for group viewing and little else.

I still have The Sword And The Sorcerer with Lee Horsley (television's Matt Houston) out from Netflix. I still have fond memories of that one, so I'm hoping they aren't shattered. Oh, to be thirteen again!

Anyway, I'll cap off with my beat up video copy of Barbarian Queen, which certainly isn't that great, but man, oh, man, it has a good lot of boobs in it.

Yay, boobs!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics