Wednesday, September 01, 2004

If I could write an episode of "Justice League Unlimited"


I've been reading Justice League: A New Beginning by Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis. I haven't read it in 10 years or whatever and it's quite a hoot - I also recommend the recent follow-up, Formerly Known As The Justice League.

It got me contemplating how a similar story could work on Justice League Unlimited. It would obviously have two main characters built in - Batman and J'Onn J'Onzz, the Manhunter From Mars - as well as characters included on the JLU roster - Dr. Fate, Black Canary, Booster Gold, Mister Miracle, The Elongated Man. The only questions would be: Would they allow Guy Gardner as a secondary Green Lantern? Are they allowed to use Captain Marvel (this seems in dispute)? If they can't use Captain Marvel, then who fills that slot? And, since they apparently aren't allowed to use Blue Beetle (who has the claim on him and why?), how do you fill that slot in the group chemistry?


Actually, I'd be tempted to replace Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle, with Jack "Hacker" Marshall... Mind you, I think that would require permission from Lewis Shiner and the chemistry certainly wouldn't be the same, but then who wants a fake version of the same chemistry... The point would just be to get that kind of energy, and I see ol' Jack fitting in, let's say interestingly, into that energy.

Yep, that's what I'd do.

Mind you, if they told me know, I could probably reach into my bag of tricks and come up with something, using Green Arrow and/or The Question and/or Arsenal and/or Richard Dragon and I'd still probably see what Lewis Shiner thought of an animated Jack Marshall... just because...

There's probably a reason I don't get a call... or, there's a reason that, even if the producers knew (or knew of) me, I still wouldn't get a call.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics