Sunday, December 26, 2004

Happy Boxing Day!

Hope you're all gifting your servants and whatnot... all good and proper, as it should be.

I had a nice Christmas Eve. We went swimming, got Chinese and watched Napoleon Dynamite. The evening was a lot of fun. The movie was funny. I don't for the life of me understand why people are jizzing themselves over that movie. It's funny. It's not funny enough to jizz oneself over. Just funny. And it's nowhere near good in a cinematic, dramatic or literary sense. It's, well, it's funny.

The best part of Christmas was my sister getting the keys to the car my parents got her. It was beautiful.

It was overall a nice family day. I don't manage to get up there as often as I'd like, so it's good to see everyone. I really ought to find a way to change that. Hopefully a new job will make that more doable in the future.

As to the shallow aspects that we like best here...


My sister got me the awesome Chia Scooby, 'cos she rules! I've never had a Chia, and nothing beats Scooby. I'm totally havin' some Chia goin' on soon!

I also got With The Lights Out, the Nirvana box set, which I'm listening to now and feeling very joyous. I watched the whole DVD and could watch a few watch five more DVDs just like it. The footage on there is awesome! I'm even a little ticked that they don't have an audio version of the Sub Pop Records recording of "In Bloom", which kicks ass over the one released on Nevermind. I'm sure I'll have tons more thoughts on this in the days to come.

Then I went to House Of Flying Daggers by Zhang Yimou at the Cinerama. This movie is fucking awesome, absolutely beautiful. I'm not sure anything I said about it now would even be rational, so I may get back to it, but I can't recommend it enough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics