Monday, January 24, 2005

Alrighty


Not sure how I feel about this, Bandidas.

The screenplay was co-written by Luc Besson. The plot is "In turn-of-the-century Mexico, two very different women become a bank-robbing duo in an effort to combat a ruthless enforcer terrorizing their town."

This could be one of those dangerously into my territory kinds of things. While I'd love to see some good Spaghetti-influenced or styled Westerns, I'd like to jump in somewhere near the beginning. I reckon there's some pride in there... and having something lead the way could make it not just easier, but possible to get my thing done.

I should continue to be comforted by the fact that I always seem only a step or two behind. I wrote Hot Coffee, Warm Donuts, Cold Blood, they make Scotland, PA. I worked for a long time on a couple of zombie ideas, but that's moving quickly towards market saturation. I start on my retro space opera and out comes Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I can date it back at least as far as (Major Geek Warning) when I was toying with writing for Star Trek: The Next Generation. Ron Moore (co-author of my favorite unused draft for Jason vs. Freddy and now writer on the new Battlestar Galactica) kept stealing my ideas before I'd even get a good draft finished.

I suppose I should satisfy myself that if I really do have the goods, I should one day be able to ride one of these waves that I imagine myself to be starting, so I should stick with doing my best.

But I don't always have to be that fucking happy about it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics