Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Elektra

Not long back, I saw the trailer for that Elektra movie. It does indeed look better than that crappy looking movie its spun off from.

Unfortunately, it still can't work. Elektra is a very compelling rich character. I'm not the biggest fan of Daredevil fan, but certainly there is something there. That's how she's kept so much more interest over the years than most one storyline side characters from briefly A-list comics.

Part of what is so interesting about her, however, is her heritage. She is Greek. She's not three generations from Greece. She moves from Greece to go to college. She's fucking Greek.

Jennifer Garner is just not Greek. I don't know if her great-grandmother was half-Greek or some shit. She isn't iconically Greek. Elektra is. It's not some side detail. It's a huge part of what she is.

Now, I fucking loathe Jennifer Garner. I think she's ugly. I think she's a bad actress. Her chin is the size of my goddamn shoulders. She has the charisma of a potato.

But that doesn't matter. That's my problem.

She's still not Greek, and that should matter to someone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics