Friday, January 07, 2005

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle


I knew as soon as I heard about that I had to see Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle. It contains the two most important elements any movie can have. A great, important quest and stoner humor.

I can't really explain my love of stoner humor. I've never really been much of a stoner. However, I did always love the idea of being a stoner, and then I grew up on Cheech & Chong records. Ultimately, I'm a sucker.

As to the great quest. It's fucking White Castle! Now, the world is filled with people who have either grown up around White Castle and can't appreciate it fully, people who've never had it, and, well, folks like me. People who live far away, but understand what it is to consume a thin meaty patty on an oddly biscuit-like bun with those crinkly fries... and, yeah, you can't explain it...

So, why didn't I see it at the theater? Well, mostly I'm poor. Partly I'm also a little lame, but I like blaming things that don't directly involve my lameness, so we'll call that the explanation for now.

What did I think? I suppose not many trust me with all the hyperbole I bounce around, but this was the single most important movie to come out in the history of cinema!

No, that's the hyperbolic answer.

Sorry.

The fact is, it does fall disappointingly short of being the most important movie in the history of cinema.

It is, however, the funniest movie I've seen this year... Or, to make it a little less faint of praise... the funniest movie I've seen in the last year.

The two leads, John Cho and Kal Penn, are both very funny and talented, and I hope going on to many more wonderful things. Neil Patrick Harris is bustin' loose on the funny.

I love this movie. Love. Truly.

Like I love a thin meaty patty on an oddly biscuit-like bun...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics