Wednesday, January 26, 2005

One more Johnny obit


The Man in Front of the Curtain by Steve Martin.

The only other note I'll make on the subject, is to quote Mark Evanier, who pointed me to that article as well, once again, "I don't think that material works well when it's taken out of its quasi-live context. What we'd really like to see is the old shows in their original form, especially with monologues intact. Maybe someday, someone will start The Talk Show Channel and run old Carson shows (and Merv and Dick and Mike, etc.) intact."

That's a great idea. Put me on the list, voting "yes" on this one. I may not go out of my way to watch it very often, but - if I had cable - I'd definitely find the dial stopping there on a regular basis.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics