Tuesday, January 11, 2005

"They certainly didn't send me here to test your poisonous gas!"

Tonight's cinematic event was Magnificent Warriors starring the ever wonderful Michelle Yeoh.

It's a very entertaining action film about the Japanese Imperial incursion into China, and, I believe the Kathmandu region of Nepal, but that could be my mistake there...

One way or the other, it starts out with a kind of Kung Fu Indiana Jones but eventually becomes a surprisingly rich story about people standing up against a greater force. Of course, I don't want to overstate that case. It's mostly a kick ass action movie with some bright comic relief... and an abysmal score.

That's all. I'm going to try to write a little before I go to sleep.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics