Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Will Eisner, RIP

Comic legend Will Eisner has passed away.

I'm certain I'm not qualified to explain how and why he was so brilliant and so important to comics as a medium. At some point, innovations either become the standard or they become cliché, so much of what Eisner did is difficult to recognize to a later audience, but the wonder and storycraft still shines through... and his more recent work continued to innovate and strive for new ways to tell a story and move an audience through the blending of words and pictures.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with my knowledge and understanding of the legend. Today is a day to pay tribute to the man. Mark Evanier and Neil Gaiman both have wonderful tributes to the man up. I'm sure every comic professional with a site will likewise have something up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics