Saturday, April 09, 2005

Land of the Dead news

Ok, from Romero Gets His Way from Bloody-Disgusting.com:

"Time to gush with joy because I've got some big big news for you all! After losing the battle and storming off the set on the last day of shooting, it looks as if George Romero has won the war. I've just been informed that Universal is so happy with Romero's Land of the Dead that they've given him more money to do some (what I've been told) 'extremely necessary' reshoots. I cannot tell you specifically what, but I can say I've heard some incredibly optimistic things about Romero's fourth zombie pic and it's said to become 'even better.' More news in the coming weeks. Land... may see an earlier release date..."

I can't be the only person who finds it odd that the movie is looking so damn good and yet the changes are also "extremely necessarily".

"Extremely valuable" probably wouldn't have set off my sound of spin alert, this does. Mind you, no one hopes I'm being hypersensitive than me... or that these extremely necessary reshoots just do their job. I'm a big Romero fan, and like others, have been waiting for this for a long time... but not only that, there are so many things I'd like to see Romero do in the years to come and the success of this movie can only benefit his career as a whole.

Of course, my ears also prick up about the "earlier release date". That should put it in the summer season, which would indeed be an impressive statement about the studio's feeling on movie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics