Monday, May 16, 2005

Unleashed


I went to Danny the Dog (aka Unleashed) today. I've been looking forward to it since I first saw the trailer a few months back.

I thought it was a wonderful movie. Just absolutely charming and, well, asskicking. A peculiar combination, but welcome for just that reason.

This is the first English language movie to really show off Jet Li's skill as an actor, which I was pleased to see. Bob Hoskins and Morgan Freeman are both great in what are, for both, kind of gimmes, but gimmes that they're so fantastic to watch do that it's altogether worth it.

It could have been tightened up coming into the home stretch, but I'd hardly even call that a complaint. It's a movie more interested in its characters than it plot, which in this genre is commendable. The fact that the action is fast, furious and brutal is only a nice flourish to top it off.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics