Saturday, June 25, 2005

Land of the Dead opinions

It's interesting to see the split opinions on this on various forums around the Internet. Personally, I loved it and hope a director's cut fills it out only so I can see more.

I can't help wondering how these forums would have split on the original three at the time of their release. Not the specific individuals necessarily, just the forums themselves. I have a feeling we would have seen much the same kind of divisiveness.

It's also interesting to me that it was pulling a 40% rating at Rotten Tomatoes on Wednesday/early-Thursday, when it was almost all Internet critics. By late Thursday, when the big critics had started appearing, it was up to 70% and now has risen to 74%. I'm not sure what that means, but it's interesting.

The two reviews that have struck me most are Not Just Roaming, Zombies Rise Up by Manohla Dargis, from the New York Times, and Film Review: Land of the Dead by Annika Barranti, from Creature Corner. They're actually quite different perspectives and yet I related to both.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics