Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Seed of Chucky


Yep, I watched Seed of Chucky.

I'm not sure how to review it. I enjoyed it, basically, as it went. It kept me watching the whole time.

But, I can't say I'm sure what it wanted. I know that all of the Chucky movies are in some weird zone between being horror movies, comedy movies and even kind of surreal dramas. That's part of the appeal.

This one just didn't quite hook into whatever that magical formula that makes the best ones, Child's Play and Bride of Chucky, work like they do. I'm not sure what it needed. The actors and voice actors are all quite game, the concept is funny... when it supplies the jokes, they work.

I think it was just too far out and it doesn't quite ever make it to the funny zone. It's a nice try and I'd kind of like to see what wild idea Don Mancini might try for the next one, if he gets the chance. But this won't be rushing onto my DVD shelf.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics