Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Comic magazines


I was looking at an ad for Zanadu Comics that included a reference to their back issues... and I found myself grumping about how terrible their back issue collection is and how that market has sadly disappeared. I loved digging through back issue bins picking up one issue from here and two from there and ending up with a collection or just digging through quarter bins and finding weird little things and seeing how they turn out.

But then I think about all the single issues I have around in boxes and how I rarely read them if I do, I find them to be a pain in the ass. You can't just carry them around. They make awful bedtime reading. I just don't care for them.

Even more than that, I've been reading Batman: Scarecrow Tales and Batman: Tales of the Demon these last couple of days and I've found that my tastes have changed so that I don't even enjoy the magazine sized stories as well as I used to.

I'd love to dig out my run of Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter, The Question and "The Hacker Files" that I'd love to go through and I've love to get collections of, but I'm not sure how much they wouldn't frustrate me in that same way.

Maybe I'm just in a mood. I don't know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics