Thursday, August 04, 2005

Green Arrow artists


Giving credit where credit is due.

In my ranting about Green Arrow comics below, I noted a number of writers and did not acknowledge the artists.

The Kevin Smith, Brad Metzler and Judd Winick runs are all wonderfully done by Phil Hester and Ande Parks. In fact, the Green Arrow and Arsenal picture I want tattooed on my back someday is from the Metzler run. The classic run that Denny O'Neil did in the '70s was drawn by the great Neal Adams. The Mike Grell run was begun with The Longbow Hunters, which Grell drew and painted himself, and had a long string of talented artists, such as Ed Hannigan, Dan Jurgens (who I think did his best work on that series, but that's partly my bias), Rick Hoberg and Gray Morrow.

I doubt anyone thought I was trying to lessen the contributions of any of these, or other, talented gentlemen, but I wished to take the opportunity to give them full credit for their wonderful work.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics