Sunday, October 02, 2005

Hitch


I'm this close to highly recommending Hitch and about the same distance from calling it worthless crap.

Will Smith and Kevin James both came with their A games... and Kevin James totally needs more parts. But the movie is so poorly paced... so incredibly poorly paced.... so insanely freakishly out-of-proportion to all things natural badly paced... that I can't really say it worked. Not to mention that Eva Mendes is not a very strong screen presence. She simply shouldn't have leads like this.

And then there's sexual chemistry. Will Smith and Kevin James have significantly more sexual chemistry in their will they/won't they kiss moment than Will Smith and Eva Mendes do. Somehow, I don't think that's right.

I do suspect that Kevin James has dance training. He had that dorky dance by a guy who is studiedly going through a set of dorky dance moves quality. I can't find any reference to it in his bios, but I'm standing by that conclusion.

I suspect it was a moderately strong romantic comedy script. There's some good ideas in it and some funny and solid moments in it. If you're in a particularly patient mood and wanting a romantic comedy, go ahead and give it a shot.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics