Friday, October 21, 2005

MirrorMask


I've been waiting for the digital revolution to start some real revolutions... to see filmmakers really play with the possibilities. This seems to be the year, and MirrorMask does it in such a magnificently pure and unadulterated manner.

I'm not sure what to say about the movie. It certainly isn't about what charming story it is, although it's certainly more than charming enough to carry one through the almost pure imagination unleashed as cinema that it is.

I know that earlier this year I hypothesized about just getting 3 or 4 other creative people together and just coming up with something purely to explore our own imaginations and see if we couldn't come up with a way to make it as a digital backlot kind of project. This has revitalized that desire. Obviously I'm mostly excited about Lakeside really happening and following that journey where it takes me... but maybe that place can include something like that.

I'll be watching and being inspired by this for a long time, I expect.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics