Friday, October 21, 2005

Upcoming Movies

I don't care if it was a not especially good review, I have to say, if I needed selling on Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny, the fact that Meat Loaf is playing JB's dad pretty much seals the deal so hard, you can't even imagine.

This new Pride and Prejudice movie with Keira Knightley looks pretty ass. I know, I'm a pretty guy movie kind of guy, so that doesn't sound impressive, but really... Aside from Judi Dench, the acting looks forced and wooden, even Donald Sutherland, who I love from his share of guy movies, looks pretty weak. Look, I've enjoyed the Jane Austen adaptations I've seen, and, in fact, thought most of them looked quite watchable, at worst, when I saw the trailers, but this... Nope.

The great Howard Shore is off King Kong. Peter Jackson says, "During the last few weeks, Howard and I came to realize that we had differing creative aspirations for the score of King Kong. Rather than waste time arguing with a friend and trying to unify our points of view, we decided amicably to let another composer score the film." I'm curious what the differences involved. I hope the friendship is really continuing. I'd still like to head Shore do the sequel to Bad Taste that Jackson can't seem to stop publically suggesting he may do one day.

That'll have to do for now, I think. This reporting is beginning to bore me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics