Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's Alive


I watched Larry Cohen's It's Alive, which I'd apparently never actually seen. Somewhere I had it in my head that the imagining I'd had from years of seeing clips and advertising and whatever childhood imaginings I'd had, that I had. It's actually quite good. Much more real in the way the characters interact than most low-budget... Hell, than in most movies.

Someday, somebody should write a book on why the vast majority of the horror movies made by and targeted to adult Baby Boomers are about fear of parenthood. I think it could be an interesting study. For whatever it's worth, this may be the only one - certainly one of the few - of those films that has a core message I actually approve of.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics