Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"Masters of Horror" Episode 2


Episode two of Masters of Horror as I warned a couple of times, was Stuart Gordon's adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's Dreams in the Witch-House.

I'm quite sure this is one of those pleasures that not everyone will appreciate, I suppose. It is, however, the best adaptation of Lovecraft I've ever seen. At least in terms of capturing the haunting trapped in a descent into madness and doom quality of Lovecraft that so few adaptations even manage to attempt.

This is what "Masters of Horror" was supposed to accomplish. Giving these "masters" free reign to tell intelligent horror stories that make you think and stick with you in the days to come. This one most definitely manages that. I feel inadequate to the task of topping Tim Lucas's "Masters of Horror's" First Masterpiece, so for those who skipped it the first time I linked, check it out. I completely agree with what he says.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics