Monday, January 02, 2006

Sky High rocks!


I saw Sky High tonight. As you may recall, it was the high school movie about superheroes that came out last summer to positive reviews and somewhat middling word-of-mouth.

I'm not sure what the folks who were disappointed or only moderately pleased were hoping for, the movie to leap off the screen and tickle their bottoms with exotic feathers? It's a high school movie about superheroes!

This is definitely an excellent return to the good ol' days of fun Disney live action movies, like The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes and The Barefoot Executive, right down to the handsome blue-eyed star. If that doesn't sound like a good thing to you then, well, alright, don't go. Enjoy your banal soulless existence. I understand.

Me? I thought it kicked ass. Of course, I'm a dork for high school movies and superheroes. This was... well, you know.

For those of you who were hoping I'd write something more detailed, try Kurt Russell Fights A Giant Robot by Marty McKee.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics