Tuesday, February 07, 2006

More exploitation ponderings


I watched Switchblade Sisters last night, which is another exploitation movie that does a wonderful job jumping from genre to genre without losing track of itself. It's not quite on par with the "Pinky Violence" movies in terms of having a timeless look. There's quite a few very '70s styles making it through... although there's quite a few people looking pretty timeless, too... I'll give it a "C+" on that.

Somewhere in all of this may seem like it's taking me down the path of having a girl gang element in the screenplay I'm working on, but I don't expect to. Right now, a workplace comedy is my most likely launching point...

Recent Marty McKee reviews for Scorpion Thunderbolt, Johnny Firecloud and the For Your Height Only/Challenge of the Tiger DVD have made me want to see all of them. This may, of course, simply make you question my sanity.

Anyway, my dinner's almost ready and Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is sitting by the ol' DVD player, so I'm off for now.

Be excellent to each other!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics