Saturday, June 03, 2006

Reviews in brief

Some movies I've seen recently but not reviewed -
  • Almost Human - Decent and very violent action thriller, brought to another level by a virtuoso performance by Tomas Milian.
  • The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave (available as part of The Emilio Miraglia Killer Queen Box Set) - A good lot of hot naked women and some interesting ideas, but the climax seems to drag on forever.
  • Vampyros Lesbos - Interesting and compellingly languid in tone. I can't say I'd recommend it, but I'll move on to the next Franco movie for now.
  • Iguana - Intriguing and featuring a beautiful ending, but inconsistent in-between.
  • Girl Slaves of Morgana Le Fay - A surreal and oddly beautiful fairy tale for grown-ups. Certainly the Mondo Macabro movie that stands out the most in my memory at this moment.
  • Vampyres - Solid, entertaining '70s movie blending a modern setting a Gothic feel. Quite sexy and entertaining.
  • Roadkill - Highway 61 is one my all-time favorite movies, and sadly unavailable on DVD, and this is the same cast and crew, a good little time for a very small budget movie.
  • The Big Racket, Street Law and The Heroin Busters - Three kickass action movies by Enzo G. Castellari. All are recommended, but especially The Big Racket.
Marty McKee posted his Top 50 favorite cinema moments on his blog (followed up on with More Fi'dies), reminding me it's past time to watch H.O.T.S. again. I may make up my own list, too, if I get the energy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics