Thursday, July 13, 2006

Basic Instinct 2


I wish I had anything compelling to say about Basic Instinct 2.

With a cover that says little aside from "Rent this and see Sharon Stone's vagina" and an early reputation as trashy, I had some hope for a nice trash fest. Sadly, this was not to be. Sharon Stone seems to have tremendous fun reprising her rather juicy star-making role. Nothing else in this was particularly compelling enough to be good or even really bad.

When a big story - Lie? Revelation? - is made about a character late in the movie, I was inclined to think it was a lie because of the way she told it, but not because I had connection enough to the character it was being told about in order for it to strike me as plausible or implausible. Nor did I see any particularly see any reason for the character it was told to to believe or disbelieve it.

That's the kind of movie it is. Just kind of... whatever...

I did enjoy David Morrissey's performance in the last scene. That was a bit too little, too late, however.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics