Monday, August 28, 2006

Brief Frank Miller notes


I've, by and large, avoided reading about or reading All Star Batman and Robin by Frank Miller and Jim Lee. I read the first issue and realized that it was one of those stories that was going to read much better as a trade paperback some day than it was in single issues. And that was before it started taking months between issues.

I did, however, stumble across this, All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder by Ian at Brill Building. To the extend I've been forced to pay attention or catch details about the events and execution of this story, this seems in line with what I suspect I'll feel once I sit down with that trade, some time long in the future, riding in the backseat of a flying car that maneuvers itself, I'm sure.

In other Miller-related news, there's a posting about Shakespeare for Americans by Sleestak over at the always entertaining Lady, That's My Skull blog. One of the featured comics is a noir Julius Caesar with art by Frank Miller, which I found amusing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics