Friday, November 10, 2006

Ok, can anyone speak English?


You Won't Believe Who Wants Harry Potter Dead by Matt Bradshaw.

Actually, I can believe it. It's Daniel Radcliffe and he makes several nice points.

My problem is that it that this repeats the same old chestnut in which J.K. Rowling says that two characters in the final Harry Potter book.

Well. Sort of.

It's a pretty weak paraphrasing, even if it is the one that every major newspaper, etc. went with.

Here's the quote, "One character got a reprieve, but I have to say that two die that I didn't intend to die."

It seems to me that a better paraphrase would be "at least two characters die."

To believe that only two characters die in the final book, one has to believe she intended to kill only a single character, but decided against killing that one character. I find it strange that people who have been reading these books finds that assumption plausible.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics