As I did earlier, I occasionally refer to my Top 10 movies.
For the record, it's not an abstract list. I have prepared it.
I guess I'm not sure whether it's more my favorite movies or more the movies I think are best. It's probably something close to my favorites from the movies I think are the best, if I were to name it somehow.
Here it is.
- A Clockwork Orange (1971 – Kubrick)
- Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948 – Huston)
- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962 – Ford)
- The Seven Samurai (1954 – Kurosawa)
- Night of the Living Dead (1968 – Romero)
- The Elephant Man (1980 – Lynch)
- Planet of the Apes (1968 – Schaeffner)
- Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974 – Peckinpah)
- Once Upon a Time in the West (1968 - Leone)
- The Wicker Man (1973 – Hardy)
I haven't re-assessed it in a while, and perhaps I should. Looking at it, however, I don't see any significant changes that need to be made, although I might be tempted to play with the order.