Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Hunt

I was reading "The Hunt" today, the feature screenplay from which I excerpted (and rewrote) Lakeside.

I don't know if this will make sense to everyone, but I oftentimes read books (and occasionally unproduced screenplays) and imagine how cool it would be to make them into a movie, because they excite me. I was having that experience with this. Having read nothing except the "Lakeside" material in a couple of years, I found myself compelled to read more and surprised at what happened.

Then I'd remember that it's mine. It's my screenplay and I can make it. I've even nearly finished a short film to use, along with this script, to sell people on the idea that I can make the movie and they should invest or whatever they should do. It's all very exciting.

I wrote about the experience already, in this post, but I'm feeling very good. Reinvigorated about both "Lakeside" as well as the longer term idea of getting the feature made, with money and all of that good stuff.

I'll have more soon, I expect. I have stuff to work out, but I am working on it.


1 comment:

Karl said...

Great news. Now chase that muse down, and make her yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics