Friday, December 08, 2006

Random notes


Talking Preach with Mark Steven Johnson by Daniel Robert Epstein is quite interesting. I can't say I'm happy with the involvement of Mark Steven Johnson, though. He's certainly saying all the right things, but I recall him saying the right things before Simon Birch and Daredevil, too, didn't he?


The Bleeding Tree Productions MySpace page was just today befriended by a movie called Pistoleras. I'm intrigued by this movie. They've certainly got all the right ideas and inspirations. I'll stay tuned.

I can't say I'm entirely unimpressed by the sense of humor displayed on the new message at BritneySpears.com, as reported to me from Britney is Sick of Britney’s Vagina, Too by Wm. Steven Humphrey. I can't say I'm impressed by the story reported in Britney Replaces K.Fed with Pills, also by Mr. Humphrey, however. Two specific prescription medications, one of which has no recreational value at all, in her purse, neither of which should be surprising for a young woman going through a divorce under intense public scrutiny, hardly the makings of the next Valley of the Dolls. I'm no defender of Ms. Spears, I think her singing voice is grating and she's never impressed me much as a person, especially now that she's taken up hanging with Paris Hilton, but I can't say I'm terribly impressed with people attacking her for absolute bullshit either.

I was, however, quite pleased to read Return of Matinee at the Bijou by Mark Frauenfelder. I've mentioned a couple of times that I watched this show regularly as a kid. It almost makes me want to invest in cable again, as I assume this isn't something they'll put on DVD. Most of all it just pleases me that the next generation of movie obsessed youths can experience these magical afternoon treats.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics