Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Motel Hell

Now it's Motel Hell being remade?! by Michael Gingold.

I just want to say, I love Motel Hell. It's a crazy weird little black comedy. I can't imagine what a new post-MTV version of this would be like.

I would like to take this opportunity to say, however, that if the producers are seeking people to write and/or direct this, I think they should choose me.

I'll happily provide the script and a rough cut of Lakeside. No, I'm not sure where I'll get the time or funds to finish, but if you contact me, I will find them. Let's face it, I, nor anyone else, believes the intent here is to produce anything more than quick first weekend crowd and a few weeks worth of DVD rentals. A quick buck movie.

I can certainly do as well as anyone else might at providing that. I'll happily work with whatever cast of attractive of stars from The CW. I'll make sure to have an interesting name actor as Farmer Vincent. I'll even give you my first suggestion of Billy Bob Thornton for free.

Sure, I would have every intention of making something just a quirky as the original, which might make you nervous, but it shouldn't. If you can market something absolutely terrible, such as most of the recent spat of remakes, you can market mine. I promise to provide easily enough footage of attractive folks looking scared to make a friendly trailer.

Look, you don't lose anything. Either I make a movie that's just as crummy as Rupert Wainwright would, if in a different way, and it will make a few quick bucks at the box office based on the stars and marketing, or I make something more interesting, confuse a few teenagers, but make something that might continue selling DVD copies well into the future, if mostly to weirdos.

Seriously, if anyone reads this, you don't have to take my offer seriously, although you certainly can, but take the idea seriously. If you're going to bother with a goofy plan like this, take a chance. Choose someone who'll use this opportunity to do something interesting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics