Wednesday, January 03, 2007

They don't write 'em like that anymore

I was at work and someone gestured to a half-finished project and said, "Is that you, too?" and I gestured to the radio and said, "No, it's The Greg Kihn Band."

No, it wasn't an original joke, but it did get me thinking about The Greg Kihn Band. Here's a particularly fine moment in their career. This video is one of the first one's I specifically remember seeing and also remember that it wasn't played nearly enough for my taste.

2 comments:

Marty McKee said...

"The Breakup Song" and "Jeopardy" should be on everyone's iTunes. I also liked the punny titles Kihn used for his albums: ROCKIHNROLL, KIHNSPIRACY, etc.

"Jeopardy" also inspired an early Weird Al parody: "I Lost on Jeopardy."

Neil said...

"Jeopardy" was, in fact, the song that was playing on the radio. I like "The Breakup Song" quite a bit better, though. I even like the video better even though it's just a performance video and doesn't have an awesome bride transforming into a zombie sequence. Go figure. It's actually one of my favorite performance videos, there's just something terribly charming about his stage presence.

I'm also a big fan of the puns. He's recently done "True Kihnfessions" and "Greg Kihn Mutiny", both of which I like. The compilation album "Kihnsolidated" might be my favorite, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics