Thursday, February 15, 2007

Duran Duran

It seems like I should have heard it some time, but how do the members of pop combo Duran Duran pronounce their name?

Yes, this is me continuing the silly nitpicking over pronunciation! Actually, it's the point I forgot the other day, only remembering the side point about Magneto.


Their name is taken from Dr. Durand Durand in the movie Barbarella. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to recall his name being said a fair amount throughout and being pronounced "DUR-ann DUR-ann". As it happens, I don't know anyone, myself included, who says the name of the band anything other than "dur-ANN dur-ANN".

It hardly matters, as the names are spelled differently and in much different contexts, so I'm hip if it all got officially twisted around, but I was curious.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics