Saturday, March 24, 2007

Highways

I was recently watching the interesting and entertaining commentary for the movie Highway 61, seriously one of my favorite movies. It didn't make the semi-solidified Top 12 (The Top 10 plus Groundhog Day and Dirty Harry, for whatever that's worth), but I'd have trouble believing I wouldn't find a place for it in a Top 20.

Writer/star Don McKellar discusses how Tom Cochrane offered the song "Life is a Highway" for use in the movie, but director Bruce McDonald turned it down. So, apparently Cochrane got cinematographer Miroslaw Baszak to shoot a music video that copycats the style of the movie.

McKellar recalled that McDonald was not fond of the song. Although I actually like it, and Cochrane, quite a bit, I don't think it's highway message matches up well with that of the movie and am glad McDonald went with the musical choices he made.

Here's the song for your listening pleasure. Interestingly the actual video really mimics Highway 61.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics