Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My trashy choice

Until quite recently, I hadn't decided what I myself was going to write about for The Trashy Movie Celebration Blog-a-thon. It seemed like, as host, I should have something good.


I actually considered Screwballs for about a minute and a half. I'd included it in the original post as kind of a joke really, but then thought it could be a challenge if nothing else. But I really wanted to celebrate something I think is really good, not something I could convince myself was good, if I tried really hard.

I seriously pondered The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh and The Case of the Bloody Iris, both of which are excellent. I considered nearly everything Lucio Fulci ever directed (and, by the way, after exploring the new DVD of Lizard in a Woman's Skin, I desperately wish I could read Paolo Albiero's book). I pondered the various works of Sonny Chiba. I thought about Vampyres, which is almost certainly the best lesbian vampire movie ever. I was indeed pondering the hypnotic erotic fairy tale The Girl Slaves of Morgana Le Fay.

That gives you some idea of my head space.

It won't be any of those, however.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics