Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bob Clark, RIP


For those of you who haven't heard, director Bob Clark, along with his 22-year-old son, was killed in an car crash yesterday.

Here are some good links. Bob Clark, 1941 - 2007 contains some good links and notes. Bad news has a short but poignant tribute. Bob Clark, R.I.P. explores a bit of the schizophrenic nature of his career and talent.

My suggestion for those now feeling nostalgic for this director whose greatest skill may well have been the invocation of nostalgia - Not only A Christmas Story, it's certainly the quality that set Porky's apart from a pack of similar movies - is to find something of his you've never seen or barely remember and give it a chance.

I intend to revisit Murder By Decree, which I haven't seen in many, many years. My suggestion to most would be Deathdream, a Vietnam horror movie, which is positively haunted by nostalgia.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics