Thursday, August 09, 2007

Bava round two


As I conclude that I will definitely not be able to come up with a way to manage a copy of the amazing looking Mario Bava: All the Colors of the Dark by the pre-order deadline, the announcement of More Bava in Time for Halloween comes from Tim Lucas, with details of the second round of Bava DVDs, similar to the last... one box set and accompanying single release.

Erik the Conqueror, the separate release is the one I'm most excited for, although the new commentaries, especially for Twitch of the Death Nerve. Count me, along with Tim Lucas himself among others, on the list of people disappointed that there won't be a commentary for the wonderful and under-appreciated 5 Dolls for an August Moon.

I just recently re-watched The Whip and the Body, which may be my favorite Bava movie, it's certainly one of the most beautifully shot movies in the history of cinema, and refreshed myself thoroughly on why I so admire and love Bava's work. I also finally got around to Hatchet for the Honeymoon, which has some very interesting elements, but falls short of being one of Bava's better works, mostly due to a script that takes far too long to spring the elements that aren't pedestrian and making the entire experience worthwhile.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics