Sunday, August 12, 2007

Flash


I love Flash Gordon!

As such, it's disappointing to learn, in articles such as Flash! Aaaa--aw...shit. by Bill Cunningham, that the new SciFi Channel series is not only not a Battlestar Galactica level revamp, but is, in fact, not even close.

Also disappointing that the Flash Gordon: Saviour of the Universe edition DVD doesn't offer much new, as noted in 'Gordon's alive?!?' On DVD!! by Adam Ross. Frankly, I'd like to spend some time with that movie and decide why it doesn't work as well as it seems like it ought to...

Someday, I would like it explained why both of these recent versions think that football is the modern equivalent of what polo was circa 1930. It always feels awkward to me. Perhaps polo had a little more of a following then... I'm not sure, but it seems like it was always a bit of a rich boy game and that, in itself, said something about the character.

Oh, well, I'll always have Flash Gordon: Space Soldiers.


1 comment:

Becca said...

Grr I was dissapointed in the new Flash Gordon DVD as well! A few years back they got a great fully extras loaded release back in England and I have been praying it would come out over here as well.

...alas no...sigh...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics