Friday, November 02, 2007

Halloween viewing and a movie rule of thumb


As my suggested Halloween movie choices were Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, Mad Monster Party and Young Frankenstein, it shouldn't be a big surprise that I went with The Tripper as my choice.

I don't have a lot to say about the movie as a whole frankly. It wanted to be both satirical and a horror-comedy and doesn't really succeed at either, although it's certainly not without it's amusing points, especially those involving Thomas Jane and Paul Reubens.

Watching it, however, a movie rule occurred to me: If side characters step out somewhere between a quarter and a third of the way through the movie, prominently being naked partly for the sake of their nakedness, it means you will never see any of the leads naked.

I thought of this rule somewhere around a quarter or a third of the way through The Tripper and in one scene does come this close to being an exception to the rule, but I'm pretty sure never actually creeps over the line.

1 comment:

Becca said...

How dissapointing that poster is fabulous! And there is so much material there for a great satire!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics