Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dinner and blogging

I'm aware that I've been tagged, in fact tagged again, in regards to the My Dinner With [Blank] Meme. Suffice it to say, I'm mulling the issue over.

Suffice it to say, I am aware that I'm way behind in blogging. I've missed several blog-a-thons in recent times, most notably The Val Lewton Blog-a-thon, which I had wanted very much to think something up for.

I keep wanting to say I don't have time for my blogging, which isn't exactly true at this point, but then it is. I don't know how others blog, but mine are the result of thoughts that fester in my head and bounce from one place to another. I haven't been short on the time to literally type out my thoughts. I've been short the time in which these thoughts can bounce around my head in.

But that's easing up.

Anyway, I should admit before I write that my dinner answer will require some degree of bullshit. If I pick someone I admire greatly, then the dinner I'd have would involve me staring stupidly at them and hoping they'll pick up the slack.

I don't think it's a celebrity thing. I'm relatively sure I could sit and have coffee with Matt Damon or Julia Roberts and carry on a perfectly intelligent conversation. And yet I was once at a Comic Convention in a corner between Mike Grell and Sergio Aragonés where I sat dumbly for hours trying to think of something to say or ask or... anything...

4 comments:

Joseph B. said...

Damn sorry Neil... I didn't realize you'd been tagged already. Apologies!

Richard Harland Smith said...

I've met Barbara Steele twice; the last time we were reintroduced and left standing next to one another and for the life of me I really had nothing to say to the woman.

Jonathan Lapper said...

Dinner's getting cold.

Neil Sarver said...

Joseph, no worries. I'm just sorry I've been so lame in answering.

Richard, I think that is part of the issue. It's not so much stunned inability to talk, it's the desire to talk and seeming to have a common ground on which to start, so feeling uncomfortable with standard small talk, but the ground being largely illusory in social terms.

Or something...

Jonathan, yeah, I know. I may have to make sure it's gazpacho.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics