Friday, August 01, 2008

Where is Thundarr? Where is Thundarr?



Here I am!



Here I am!

What? I mean...

The thing I'm wondering is why isn't Thundarr the Barbarian out on DVD? I don't recall the show well enough to make a case for its brilliance. I do know that with the Alex Toth character designs and Jack Kirby settings, I'd like to look at it a while, and with the episode "Raiders of the Abyss" taking place in a post-Apocalyptic Seattle, well...

C'mon, there are a lot of terrible cartoons on DVD. Some that I'm convinced are less interesting than Thundarr. What's the problem?

5 comments:

Marty McKee said...

I thought THUNDARR was a pretty good show. It's still airing on the Boomerang cable channel, and I suspect it will eventually get to DVD.

Neil Sarver said...

Cool, that's comforting to hear. I was sure there had to be something to it, with Steve Gerber and Mark Evanier, etc. also involved, but I know networks and regulation prevented cartoons of the '80s from living up to their potential.

I'll have to keep my eye out...

Piper said...

I'm with you.

I always remember it being a very strange, very interesting cartoon. A good combination of old and new.

It reminds me of the other cartoon with Gleek and the rhino that shot rocks from its horn. What was that? Can't remember.

Marty McKee said...

THE HERCULOIDS! Also kickass.

Neil Sarver said...

I missed "Herculoids" somehow. Maybe it didn't air much in my market. It totally seems like my kind of thing, though.

I guess the generation just younger than me has made its willingness to shell out for cartoons more obvious. Pity.

Thanks for both of your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics