Saturday, October 04, 2008

Hate mail

I like using hypertext.

Occasionally too much, but that's how I am...

But look at something like my post The yellow peril. In it, I casually mention Sammo Hung. It's a casual note, if I had to bother noting who he is or why I was pleased to see him, I probably would skipped the mention entirely. Not only that, I assume that over half of my readers don't require an explanation of any sort.

The answer is a link. Wikipedia has made that much easier, too, so thanks for that. It makes, if nothing else, a nice default.

But that's, for me, almost secondary.

I like the aesthetics of hypertext. Perhaps its my age or when or why I got into the Internet.

Sometimes I add links to things that I didn't think were necessary informationally, but I thought it added something to the way the posting looked on the page. I've likewise removed some borderline useful links because I thought they detracted from the look of the essay.

Now you know.

And knowing is half the battle.

For those left wondering, the title of this post is the way my brain wants to read the acronym for HyperText Markup Language.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics