Sunday, November 23, 2008

Brand new key



I have a secret love of this song.

Actually, it's not a secret at all, there are just people out there who wish I'd keep it a secret, but I'm really not so good at that.

The thing I find fascinating watching this video... No, I enjoy her bashing of the background, but really... Fascinating? That's too much hyperbole even for me.

No, she says one of the verses is a social message, which I don't want to argue with. I can even kinda see it, but you see... Well...

This is the verse:

"I ride my bike, I roller skate, don't drive no car.
Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far.
For somebody who don't drive,
I been all around the world..."

See, here's my problem, up through here, I've always just taken it as, well, dirty. I'd explain in detail how I imagine that all working out metaphorically, but I'll leave it to you to piece that all together. I'm guessing my readers are that smart... and dirty minded.

Ok, so then she says, "Some people say, I done all right for a girl."

Sure, social statement.

Well, unless you think she's been talking about fucking and such before, in which case, well...

And here, for the sake only of my own amusement, is a classic unadulterated performance as well.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics