Monday, November 17, 2008

The idea (or something of it)

I'm sure there are people, many of them, I'm sure and some who read this blog, who totally hate this kind of post. I'm frankly not sure anyone exactly enjoys reading them, and yet I enjoy writing them.

I noted in my last post that I have an idea stewing around my head that I'm stewing around with. In fact, it is a variation on a couple of the ideas I've mentioned a time or two.


It's definitely continuing the Kirby and inspiration costuming idea.

It definitely incorporates some of the Spaghetti Western inspiration I've been stewing on for quite a while.



It even has a touch of the Alex Raymond inspiration I've been playing with for a while.



The Hot Tiki girls post has a hint or two in in it.

And, at least as much as those, is Robert E. Howard, although probably more in a storytelling sense than any that people would more obviously identify.



Of course, I'm skipping one. Just because it's so surface and so what anyone who read what I plan to eventually write will undoubtedly jump to first and be a lot less right than they think they are, so I'll leave that one as my own little tidbit for now.


UPDATE: Rereading this, I like it more than I expected to... although for all the wrong reasons. The videos obfuscate more than elucidates my intentions. And alluding to but saying nothing about the key missing piece makes it all not only vague, but obnoxiously vague. Without that, it can't be what it's supposed to be. It's a very stingy teaser. The only thing it clearly has to be is Pulp.

Now, it's time for the hard work.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics