Monday, November 10, 2008

Turok


I really, really liked Turok: Son of Stone. I'm kind of disappointed that I haven't heard much about it out in the world.

Like the original comic series, Turok: Son of Stone, the story is about a Native American who finds himself in a Lost Valley, where dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures and men live and thrive.

You apparently are now still reading instead of acquiring a copy of the DVD, so I'm not sure what I can say to you. Allow me to reiterate, the story is about a Native American who finds himself in a Lost Valley, where dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures and men live and thrive. Was I unclear somehow?

I mean a kickass Native American warrior here, not some peace pipe smoking proto-hippie! The latter may be great to discuss the blessings of the Earth with, but less awesome in a face-off with man-eating dinosaurs. Right?

The movie was produced as a violent and bloody "PG-13", so I couldn't recommend it enough for children. No, seriously. I know we like to pretend kids are all sensitive and whatnot, but I remember being a kid, trust me, they're going to dig it. It's got a cool revenge story, a nice through-line about finding who you are supposed to be and embracing it.

I can only do so much to fix the lousy advertising done for this, but trust me, it's freakin' cool!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics