Saturday, December 06, 2008

Happy blogoversary to me!


It seems that I've been "blogging" for five years now.

This isn't the original home. This site started, according to my About Me, in February, 2006. That does look right, although I couldn't tell you for the life of me which of those is the first one I posted here and which ones I reposted later on some bored afternoon when I decided to import over all of my earlier thoughts that still seemed arguably applicable to the concept of this blog right here.

Piper over at Lazy Eye Theatre is having a wacky all week blowout for his second anniversary. And happy anniversary to you, good sir!

I think this is the first time I've remembered mine in time for the note to be worth making, even less plan wacky adventures.

Personally, I just find it amusing and pleasing that people show up. This is the same dumb crap I think about all day every day. The same dumb crap that when I tell it to people I know, they kind of slink off slowly. The blog exists mostly for me, so I can exorcize these things from my head and send them off into the world.

I am pleased that some people are interested enough to actually show up and read. How novel and amusing...

... and flattering.

Anyway, have fun, cats and kitties, and allow me to finish by offering my fondest and most sincere good wishes to Bettie Page.

7 comments:

Zombie said...

Congratulations!

Neil Sarver said...

Thank you.

It seems kind of surreal. Five years? I'm not entirely sure if I think that's good or bad.

Arbogast said...

Five years? Was there even an Internet five years ago? Well, it's all academic in the face of your supreme accomplishment. Happy Anniversary!

Neil Sarver said...

Neil Sarver, wasting people's time with nonsense for way too long. It's an interesting accomplishment.

But to answer your question, no, I used smoke signals for my original entries.

PIPER said...

And happy birthday to you sir. Five years. I am envious because I don't know that I could keep it up for five years. But who knows.

Kimberly said...

Congrats Neil! I missed you when you took a long vacation, but now I can't keep up with all your posts. Cheers to you and your filmmaking efforts!!

Neil Sarver said...

Piper, thanks! I suppose breaks, such as the one Kimberly alluded to, probably figure in to my ability to keep up. I don't know if I could do it if I did for a living or something and had to be consistent.

Kimberly, thank you. Yes, I wish I were more consistent in the long run. I'll try to keep my balance.. We'll see. Thanks for continuing to stop in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics