Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Movie people

“You’re a movie person, right?” by Collin Armstrong has some terrific movie recommendations.


I have to concur that it's more than a little odd that The Conversation remains relatively under-the-radar. It's quite ridiculous. It's not only the best movie Francis Ford Coppola ever made, it's easily the best movie he ever made.

I also still struggle with my natural resistance to Shaolin Soccer despite it being recommended specifically to me on any number of occasions. I know I need to get over that.

People who ask me for recommendations rarely actually want real recommendations. They merely want a confirmation that some new recent mainstream movie is worth their time. I think that's why I've known so many people who haven't seen more than a dozen movie made before the year they were born who manage to maintain reputations as "movie people".

Bleh!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics