Friday, February 20, 2009

Grown-up Friday thoughts?


So, Neil?

Yeah.

You pretend you're a grown-up, right?

Not when I don't have to, but, sure, yeah.

And you have no non-boob related thoughts on the new Friday the 13th?

What does that have to do with being a grown-up?

Fine. No thoughts at all?

Alright. Marcus Nispel's $10,000,000 remake of Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chain Saw Massacre was something like hearing an orchestra playing a Ramones song. The original Friday the 13th is not as good as a Ramones record.

Check Considering the Jason Voorhees Legacy by Dennis Cozzalio. I basically agree with his thoughts on the original movies. I'll add that I also agree with Friday the 13th reviewed by Marty Langford on the best ones, although I also have a soft spot in my head for Friday the 13th Part 2.

The closest I'll get to another critique is this question: Did they intend to tease that we were going to get the famous Friday the 13th Part 2/Bay of Blood moment or did they just not think of it?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics